Monday, March 23

How to Pun

Today during school I came up with a quite handy technique for making puns.  I spent most the day perfecting it. These are a couple examples of what I made:

- What's the most optimistic place near the water? The shore (sure).

-During what season to hunters and weightlifters go out together? Bear season.

Those are the two ones I remember, yes I know they are horrible but it's still a pun none-the-less.

The technique: First, come up with two homophones or even better a word with more than one meaning. After you have gotten your main word than you craft your joke around it.  I'll make a new one for a fresh example.

The word I came up with was Dire (sounds like Die-er, or someone who dies).

After thinking for a while how i could pull that one off (not the greatest word choice) I came up with this. "What are the worst consequences you can get for comitting suicide? Dire (Die-er)."

Might take some explaining it gets the point across. So I hope you get how to make your own homemade puns now! It's a lot easier than most people think it is, just takes a long list of homophones and some creative juics.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home